Saturday, October 2, 2010

My New Phone..

I had bought Nokia N97 mini, I think 3 days before Aidilfitri... It just become a long story to get the hand phone because a lot of problems starting from the arrears payment. After got the payment, I just went to the nearest retailer on Taiping and asking about the phone. However the seller told me that the phone out of stock already... kuciwa aku dgr.. then, the girl just suggest me Nokia X6, from the explanation, she just told me that everything are all about the same except X6 doesn’t have any Qwerty keypad.. And it’s much cheaper than N97 mini.

But, just for stupid reason, I still want the N97 mini and the girl directly asking the boss about the stock and the boss just told that it will arrive tomorrow. Hehe.. syok tak terkata time tuh. Then, she want me to pay the down payment at least for RM100.. So, I pay her.. 

After arrived at home, the bbuka pose with my parent, I do some searching about both phone.. I find that the X6 battery life is more better than N97 mini.. However, there are some comment in the website about the goodness of the N97 mini and how great the phone is.. so, after short thinking, I just stick with the plan to buy the N97 mini..  

After buying the phone, I asking the salesman about the GPS and want he to install Garmin Software in my hand phone, but he then explained to me that installing any 3rd party software will make the phone warranty void.  After convince me that Ovi Maps are free, so I don’t care sgt lah.. 

I enjoy myself with the phone, and starting to use the GPS around my home town. I realize that there are some charges when we use the GPS.. so I search in the internet and I found that every GPS usage either Garmin or Ovi Maps, the service provider will charge the owner around 20 to 30 cent.. 

After a few day, when I was hanging with my friends, having a some conversation and playing snuker, I found that I cannot search the my bank training center at bangi and my uncle house at Alor Setar. The searching modes I think are bad. Then, I continue searching and found that stock hand phone only installed with Nokia Ovi Maps 3.0 but the current version already 3.4..
When I at A. Rahman, I use the wi-fi to update the software and the GPS now better than last time.  To maintain the warranty also, I bought an original software from Ovi Store such as Moby Explorer, Ion Timer, Sim City 3 and Files Hider.. It cost me about RM7 per software. Although it quite expensive, i'm satisfied with the function and services.

But the poor thing happened when I was at Bangi, attended my bank courses. I found that the battery usages are crazy. Can you imagine that after plug off the charger around 8.15 am, and I don’t use the phone once pun during my class, after finish the class around 5.45 pm , the battery life are about 36%.. Where has been another 64%? At the night, I go online via my hand phone and search about the power usage of the phone and I found the main thing are about the network mode because at Bangi, the phone use 3.5G network and when the network lost or weak, it will automatically change to another mode such as 3G, Edge and GSM.. The changes make the battery life shorter. Then some processes in the phone also require a huge amount of power. So, I search for any energy saver in the Ovi Store and I downloaded the Energy Profiler.. When you normalize the power, I will change some function usage and period on the phone such as the backlight. 

The next day, I found that It helps me to save 10% from yesterday. But for me, it’s still not good. It is because I need to switch on my GPS to get the direction because I’m staying for 5 days at the training centre including Sg. Buloh and Damansara.  

After went back to home last Sunday, i don’t feel like to use the phone anymore and the next day I told about the power usage at my colleague and he offer me RM1k for the phone and I think to buy the X6. Although I loss about RM200, but I think that is the best way. But, that night, when I transferring my photo to the pc around 5 minutes, then I check the power usage, the battery suddenly become 100% . just now, before I plug in into the laptop, the power only 36%. 

On the other night, I wake up around 3.00 am and just check my battery usage, it’s only left about 27%.. After browsing some item, I cannot open 1 picture because certain problem (another problem for S60 phone). Then I use the Moby Explorer to restart the phone and after the phone ready, I just check the power left and the bar show its about 78%..

After that, I realize one thing. Although the power left are 36% (read from the ION software installed on the phone), the hand phone battery bar still full. 

Then, I check the recommended charge time from the software, and it’s changing every hour. The battery life always like to be at 36%.. huhuhu…

It’s not a bad choice to buy N97 mini because it just a matter of software accuracy only. The battery life still not better than the X6 but I think it’s not disappointed.  But my suggestion is to buy the X6 because if you dull like me, because you never use the touch screen phone and you think that you still need the keypad on the phone, I think you are wrong because after you use the screen, I don’t think that you will open the Qwerty pad anymore like me.. ahakz..





Free Image Hosting

0 comments:

Post a Comment